Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Adrenaline Rush

So it's only the second week of the term, and things are already insane. While I knew this was coming, I still can't believe how fast things go. Thankfully, after a long day of classes and workstudy, I have my news writer duties to keep me sane :) Honestly, after everything, I was incredibly tired going to the event I had to cover, but once I got there and started meeting people, I forgot all about that. Doing the interviews with everyone from the dean of students to the students themselves, I stopped thinking about everything else that was going on and focused on the story. I don't think I truly experienced an adrenaline rush until I got to college and begin writing for the paper. Doing inteviews and writing the story within an hour before class, getting that extra burst of energy to cover an event after classes - that's what journalism is all about for me. It also clears my head, and actually helps me look at everything with a clear mind, free of all the worries from earlier. For this reason and more, I know I'm sticking with journalism for a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment